- What did you discover about autism that you did not know before?
- What poem of Elizabeth touches you the most?
- Have you been affected by an autistic person? Have you learnt from them? In what way?
- Have you tried to put a description of yourself into poetry? Does the poem “Me” resonate with you?
- What is the RPM (Rapid Prompting Method) used by Soma to teach Elizabeth to use the letterboard?
- The process of getting Elizabeth and her brother Charles into mainstream education was very involved. What did you think of this process?
- Qualities needed to manage the chaos of autism were shared with the reader. Which of these challenged you in dealing with your own difficulties?
- What did you think of the various treatments discussed eg. hookworms, working retreats?
- Virginia went through a list of rules for parents. Have you used any of these to help you in your parenting (or Grandparenting)?
- What did you think of Virginia’s understanding of God’s place in the world compared with her daughter?
If we have time I would like to find out if any of us have a poem (our own or a favourite) we would like to share with the group.